Saturday 20 September 2008

blerg



Not been going so great. Lost $1k on wednesday, which is the biggest 1-day loss I've had for a while. Dropped $600 playing sngs, and then played 2 $200 hu games and lost them both. Which was pretty stupid. They were both fairly poor players, but my head wasn't in the right place, and dropping $200 in one game is still too much for me. So yeah, took the day off on thursday, played last night and made a bit (won a $10 turbo mtt on betfair) but got really deep in 3 tourneys and managed to bust them all which was really frustrating. Played a few games just now but got bored and it's a lovely day outside, so I'm probably going to go out instead.

Looking forward to going back to uni on monday, think I'm getting tired of poker for now. If I was ever going to do this full time for more than a few months, I think I'd need to force myself to have one or two totally non-poker days a week so I didn't get like this - bored and more prone to tilt. When I'm fresh it's great, I feel good, play good and can expect some nice results, but when I'm tired of it all evening winning (which doesn't happen often) is tainted. Sounds odds but I need to be more strict in taking time off, I stil have the urge to play when I'm not playing, but then when I start playing I want to stop. Weird, huh? Guess that's the gambling side of it. But I've made ~9k this summer (~2 months) which I'm happy with, paid for my holiday, rebuilt my online roll and have enough withdrawn so I can eat next year. Which is always good.

Anyways, probably wont play much over the next few weeks. Gonna have to get back into the habit of getting up before 12, studying and... well, not playing poker. I don't know how I'm going to manage!


EDIT: Was finishing off a $26 90player at ft when writing this post - just took it down for $600 :) which is a nice boost, and a nice way to close out poker for the summer. Adios for now.

Fulltilt: $4100
Rileys: $0
Stars: $0
AP: $0
Ipoker: $1550
Pokerroom: $1000
Betfair: $0 ($500 withdrawn)

total online: $6650

LIVE: +$1200

2008 total: $22,550

4 comments:

would-be said...

I get the same thing where i wanna play when i'm not, then as soon as i'm playing i just don't wanna be.
you've done well over the summer though. well done

Cheesies said...

Yeah... definitely something about the pull of the gamble, keeps you coming back.

I can feel when I'm 'playing' and when I'm 'gambling'... it's weird, I never consider poker as gambling when I'm playing well/seriously, but when I'm tilting or tired or whatever I see the gambling side of it all, and in myself. I never gamble but I have a big gambling streak in me - I dropped $1k playing blackjack one time a few years ago that I really coudn't afford and realised if I ever did it again it could turn into a huge problem, haven't touched it since - too dangerous for me.

Anyways, thanks for reading mate

Extremapoker.com said...

Dear friend:


We would be pleased to Exchange the link with you. We are from
http://extremaduraclubdepoker.blogspot.com/2008/01/wwwextremapokercom.html
We would like to invite you to the first free roll tournament we are just about to open with 800 dollars prizes. Rigth now we´re just 12 players. Lets poker.
If you are interested to exchange the link , leave us a message in our site.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Online Poker Strony said...

Happy new 2013.
Regards for all poker players
--------------


Lena Stollman
Bill Cassar