Friday 21 September 2007

Days 36-38

Well, off to uni tomorrow! Going ooop north to sheffield. Looking forward to it, had a fairly quiet gap year, so it'll be nice to be busy again. Probably wont be playing much poker for a while though, so probably wont be many updates for a little while. Seems like a lively poker scene in sheffield though, so I'll probably be playing more live, which is good as I've been meaning to improve my live game anyway (reads, etc)

Deposited on stars, and played some of the 180man sngs, (12$ turbos and $4.5 non-turbos) and some mtts. Lots more choice which is nice. Came 5th in a $12 turbo, cashed in one of the bigger $55 mtts, had a decent stack but made a silly move just before the bubble leaving me low. I think that hand made me realise a big leak of mine - making too many moves. Every hand I'm thinking 'how can I win this hand?' That's all very well and good, but it kind of blinds me sometimes when I obviously cant win. It's like I'm trying to get too fancy, thinking 'oh he's playing this board like he has the trips so obviously he must be bluffing' - sometimes I need to play a bit more simply.

Had a nice 400$ mtt score a few days ago, but had a bad sng day so was breakeven really. Then had another bad sng day (looks like my upswing is over!) and lost ~$250. Had a ok few hours last night, booking a small win which was nice seeing as it'll be the last poker I play in a while. New BR updated with +$1200 I've put on stars. Have to deposit in $600 chunks which is kinda annoying, but oh well.

So...I'll update in a while. Adios.

Sngs: 25
total: -34.5
Time(hrs): 13.5
Old Online Bankroll: $3253.5
New Online Bankroll: $4419
Total since 01/03/07: $20295
Total time(hrs): 548.5
Total $/hr: $37

No comments: